Epic Elton, fronted by Jeff Scott of Richmond Hill, Ontario, is the latest opportunity to be wowed in Manitoba's and North Dakota's shared gem in the Turtle Mountains. Elton John's style and overall presence will be channeled through one of his most-lauded tribute acts at the International Peace Garden on Sept. 23.
Elton John is among the top-10 living artists that I regret not making a greater effort to see live. He is one of those performers where you probably recognize 30 more songs that percolate through popular culture decade after decade.
Tiny Dancer, Rocket Man, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Crocodile Rock! When I hear many of the hits, I'm transported back to the cassette days, listening to rock legends like Elton John on countless car rides with my dad to the grocery store, school, church, ball games.
When you live and work at the International Peace Garden you are surrounded by talented musicians every summer and know a good show when it's coming. Epic Elton will cap a beautiful Peace Garden fall afternoon where visitors will see a stunning colour change through the aspen forest, oak, larch and maple stands.
Although summer is coming to a close, we invite you to continue enjoying our grounds and the intersection of the arts and culture with nature's serene and wild surroundings.
A buffet in the Conservatory will run from 4:30 to 6:30, followed by doors opening at the acoustically rich Burdick Center for the Performing Arts. The Burdick Center is one of the finest arts performance spaces in the Upper Plains and hosts seven weeks of International Music Camp and the many talented artists that perform, teach and study on site every summer.
- $50 per ticket
- Time: Saturday September 23rd at 7 PM
- Location: Burdick Center
- Come for the buffet in the conservatory 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM - $35 per person
- The Epic Elton repertoire features so many of Sir Elton John’s biggest hits – the songs we all know and love covering over 5 decades of music. When the spotlight hits – goosebumps are guaranteed!
- Jeff Scott has been performing the music for over 20 years
- Based out of Richmond Hill, ON, he is one of the best Elton John Tribute Artists in North America. He was the official entertainer for the North American Premiere of Rocketman
- Featuring colorful costumes, skilled piano playing and those distinctive Elton John vocals, channeling the star’s flamboyant look, style and mannerisms, Jeff makes audiences feel they are in the presence of “musical royalty”.
Epic Elton will be a great evening for you and your friends to enjoy world-class entertainment at the border. Big sunglasses and boas, anyone?!
Considered one of the best Elton John Tribute Artists in North America, Jeff Scott was the official entertainer for the North American Premiere of Rocketman. Colorful costumes, skilled piano playing and distinctive Elton John vocals accompany the star’s flamboyant look, style and mannerisms. Jeff's 20-years of experience in the role makes audiences feel they are in the presence of “musical royalty”.
Tim Chapman is the CEO at the International Peace Garden on the border of Manitoba and North Dakota. The Garden is open year-round and grooming ski trails for the first time this winter. Rent one of our cabins and enjoy a winter weekend that only the forest of the Turtle Mountains can provide.